1-888-885-8683
info@matrixremediation.com
Bay A4, 3911 Brandon St SE
Calgary, AB T2G 4A7
10479 184st NW, Unit 100
Edmonton, AB T5S 0C7

Home

About Us

Services

FAQs

Contact Us

Managing Mold and Humidity During Calgary Summers

How does humidity affect mold growth in Calgary homes?

Warm and moist environments are the preferred environment of mold, making it extra important to look for signs of growth in the humid summer months. Humidity and moisture can both leak into your house and remain trapped if you don’t have proper air ventilation. Especially in rooms like the kitchen and bathroom, humidity and evaporated water from showering or doing the dishes can settle on surfaces and facilitate mold growth. Every building is susceptible to mold growth, especially in the summer months, so both residential homes and commercial buildings need to ensure indoor humidity is minimized and air ventilation is functioning to reduce the likelihood of mold contamination.

How do I know if I have mold in my house?

         There are a variety of ways to determine if you have mold growing in your home. First, there are many health-related signs and symptoms that indicate mold is growing. Mold allergies are commonplace and induce chronic allergic symptoms such as an itchy and runny nose, itchy and watery eyes and skin irritation. You may have mold growing in your home if you notice any of these symptoms improve whenever you are away from your house. For individuals with asthma or other respiratory diseases, mold growing in your home can also exacerbate the symptoms associated with these conditions.


         Independent of health-related signs and symptoms of mold growth, you may be able to see mold growing in your home. Mold can grow in a variety of shapes, textures and colours, including thread-like, spotty, slimy, orange, green, black, and more. If you can see mold growing, this unfortunately means that you home and air conditions are able to facilitate growth, indicating you may have mold in other places that aren’t visible. Sometimes you may also smell mold growth, whether it is visible or not. Another important sign that mold may be growing in your home is if you have recently experienced water damage or leaks. Oftentimes water can leak even without you noticing at the time, but this buildup in moisture can still facilitate mold growth. Water stains or discolouration on your walls or ceilings can indicate that there was a leak at some point in time.


         Finally, even if you can’t see or smell mold, it may still be growing in your home. Mold often grows in difficult to reach and lesser trafficked areas of your home, such as attics, basements, crawl spaces and garages. Mold is also notorious for growing underneath floorboards, behind wallpaper, below carpet, or in other non-visible areas. If you suspect that mold may be growing in your home, contact our team of experts at Matrix Remediation to organize a professional inspection and subsequent removal services.

Can I handle mold removal on my own?

Household cleaners can effectively remove mold on hard surfaces; however, they are unable to penetrate porous or fibrous surfaces such as dry wall. As well, due to the high concentration of water in household cleaners, they can worsen mold growth on porous or fibrous surfaces, and they are ineffective against airborne spores. Therefore, some level of surface cleaning may be effective, but it is important to get professional help in order to ensure your mold contamination is completely removed from your home. Professionals have access to more advanced equipment and materials, in addition to extensive expertise in removing mold from a variety of surfaces.

Why you need a certified mold removal specialist?

When it comes to mold in your home, it is not just an unpleasant sight, it is a hazard to your health and your home’s structural integrity. A certified mold removal specialist can help you identify and eliminate mold in your home. They are trained and experienced in identifying mold in hard-to-reach places that you may not think to inspect. With access to more effective products and techniques, a certified mold removal specialist can then ensure the mold is swiftly and permanently removed. This is especially important for airborne mold, where a specialist can test and ensure it is handled appropriately.


         If you are concerned about mold growth in your home, Matrix Remediation is here to help. With the high humidity and temperatures of the summer months, it’s a great time to check your home for mold growth and remove it before it can continue to spread. Our team of skilled technicians is experienced in identifying mold and ensuring it is professionally removed. We use eco-friendly and non-toxic mold removal products that are tough on mold, but safe for your family and the environment. Whether you have a small patch of mold or are experiencing a more significant problem, our trusted team of experts can help remove the contamination and ensure you and your family are able to breathe the best quality of air. Call us today at 1-888-885-8683 to learn more about our services and organize your inspection or removal appointment. 

Having a Water or Mold Emergency? Get a Free Quote

What Our Clients Say

JM

Janice Martin

I am going to be the owner of the house we wanted thanks to Matrix. I just wanted to personally thank you so much for putting a rush on the work and making this happen! I was so worried I was going to lose this house so thank you so much for saving it for me! I will recommend your services to anyone I come across that may need them!

CW

Cameron Williamson

Thanks for the professional work. We were going to deal with the mold removal ourselves and realized it was a bad idea. Your crew really knows what they are doing. Our place is spotless – and they even gave us some good household tips. I have no problem in recommending Matrix.

RL

Robert Lee

Thank you for coming to the rescue. I didn’t quite know how dangerous asbestos could be, but I knew it had to be removed completely and properly. Thanks for the professional touch – I feel much better now that the house is clean and safe. I hope I never have to use this service again.

READ MORE REVIEWS