1-888-885-8683
info@matrixremediation.com
Bay A4, 3911 Brandon St SE
Calgary, AB T2G 4A7
10479 184st NW, Unit 100
Edmonton, AB T5S 0C7

Home

About Us

Services

FAQs

Contact Us

In Extreme Conditions the Toxic Effects of Mold are Evident

Once mold has started to grow, it can spread quite quickly under the right conditions. Needless to say, in extreme conditions, the toxic effects of mold can present health problems to occupants.

In most cases, however, the health symptoms associated with mold are minor. But sometimes the toxic effects of mold can provoke more severe reactions – like skin rashes, sinus congestion, and throat irritation. Whatever the case, a mold infiltration is best treated when properly remediated.

In situations where water damage has affected a residential home or commercial building, the potential for mold is exacerbated. When water damage is not properly addressed, the conditions will be ideal for mold to grow. Simply put, without effective drying and complete mold removal, the mold infiltration will flourish and quickly spread. To avoid the toxic effects of mold, especially for the very young and elderly, removal and remediation is best left to a professional service firm.

Prevention is the best way to avoid mold growth

The most effective approach to preventing mold is to control air moisture (humidity and condensation). A humid environment, whether outside or inside, will provide a friendly growing opportunity for mold, and a greater chance for mold to thrive. Indoors, it’s important to keep humidity levels under control and to ensure that the home is well ventilated throughout.

Homeowners should also be aware of any plumbing leaks and any foundation leaks that may create a moist environment for mold to grow. It would also be wise to keep an eye on appliances that use water - like wash machines, fridges, and dishwashers. As they operate, these appliances create moisture in the air that could accumulate and provide a breeding ground for mold.

The toxic effects of mold on the very young and old

In situations where mold has spread, the toxic effects of mold are particularly risky for the very young and the very old. Worse still, if there are mold spores in the air, inhaling the spores can lead to even more health risk. The aim, of course, is to address potential mold issues early on.

Unfortunately, mold is sometimes tricky to detect – and it can find a breeding ground that is often hidden from sight. Whether it’s wet drywall or damp carpeting, mold can easily start to grow. And if health symptoms begin to emerge, it’s a sign that the infiltration needs to be remediated.

Professional mold inspection, testing, and removal

Mold issues require safe and effective remediation. Any effort to remove a mold infiltration with a do-it-yourself approach would be ill advised. The best approach is a professional approach, and at Matrix Remediation, in-house mold technicians are highly trained and skilled with mold. 

Matrix removes both mold and spores – it’s a comprehensive approach to remediation that uses non-toxic products that are safe for people and pets. At Matrix, mold technicians are IICRC Certified - an industry standard ensuring quality cleaning, remediation, and restoration.

When a mold infiltration is serious, Matrix will recommend a mold hygienist to assess the scope of the problem. This will allow for an effective action plan, with long lasting results, and without the potential for things to get worse. Clearly, the best approach is the professional approach.

Having a Water or Mold Emergency?Get a Free Quote

What Our Clients Say

JM

Janice Martin

I am going to be the owner of the house we wanted thanks to Matrix. I just wanted to personally thank you so much for putting a rush on the work and making this happen! I was so worried I was going to lose this house so thank you so much for saving it for me! I will recommend your services to anyone I come across that may need them!

CW

Cameron Williamson

Thanks for the professional work. We were going to deal with the mold removal ourselves and realized it was a bad idea. Your crew really knows what they are doing. Our place is spotless – and they even gave us some good household tips. I have no problem in recommending Matrix.

RL

Robert Lee

Thank you for coming to the rescue. I didn’t quite know how dangerous asbestos could be, but I knew it had to be removed completely and properly. Thanks for the professional touch – I feel much better now that the house is clean and safe. I hope I never have to use this service again.

READ MORE REVIEWS