Bay A4, 3911 Brandon St SE
Calgary, AB T2G 4A7
10479 184st NW, Unit 100
Edmonton, AB T5S 0C7


About Us



Contact Us

When There’s Mold in your Basement - Action is Required

If there’s mold in your basement, it means that something is not right. It also means that action is required, and depending on the extent of mold, perhaps some serious remediation. While health risks are usually low with a typical mold infestation, the risks are heightened if mold spores are circulated into the air. Basement or kitchen or bathroom, any sign of mold is a sign to take action. 

Mold likes to grow in the basement

Basements are usually prone to higher levels of humidity than the rest of the house. And if there is a laundry room or bathroom down there, air moisture is certainly going to be high. Whether it’s shower steam or common condensation, air moisture in the basement can easily accumulate. The result is mold in your basement. And oftentimes in the winter, the prevalence is greater.

In the basement, colder walls and less ventilation can make the conditions ideal for mold to grow. If you have found mold in your basement it means that the environment is ripe for mold to thrive. When noticed and addressed, a mold infestation can be quite easily managed. However, when left unattended, mold can grow and spread quickly. Then it becomes tougher to properly remove.

Mold prefers to grow in certain areas

If you’ve noticed deposits of mold in your basement then it’s probably in certain specific areas – areas that provide moisture and nourishment at the same time. In fact, near the washing machine and dryer, mold will thrive quite nicely in the warmth and moistness. Also important is to check various parts of the basement and to implement preventive measures that will counteract mold.

  • wall cracks and crevices
  • ceiling and floor tiles
  • pipes, ducts, and vents
  • damp insulation areas
  • drywall/wood framing

What to do in the event of a flood

After an indoor flood, the best thing is to work with a water damage specialist to effectively clean up the damage with a focus on preventing mold growth. Although there are various things that a homeowner can do immediately after a flood, this is not a DIY project. Without a professional approach, the potential for additional mold damage is increased dramatically. Water damage specialists have the industrial fans and dehumidifiers quickly and effectively dry out a space. To avoid any chance of mold in your basement, professional remediation is recommended. This will ensure that clean up is properly managed, disposal is safe, and no future health risk is possible.

In some cases, mold is dangerous

In general, there is no cause for alarm when mold is discovered. However, continuous exposure to mold can be the cause of various health effects. For some, the symptoms could range from nasal congestion; to coughing or wheezing; to eye irritation. For those who are more sensitive, reactions could be more severe. Whatever the case, a mold breakout should be addressed immediately and professionally. In Calgary and Edmonton, Matrix Remediation provides fast response, competitive pricing, and guaranteed results. Call 1-888-885-8683 or visit the company website at www.matrixremediation.com for additional information and service descriptions.

Having a Water or Mold Emergency? Get a Free Quote

What Our Clients Say


Janice Martin

I am going to be the owner of the house we wanted thanks to Matrix. I just wanted to personally thank you so much for putting a rush on the work and making this happen! I was so worried I was going to lose this house so thank you so much for saving it for me! I will recommend your services to anyone I come across that may need them!


Cameron Williamson

Thanks for the professional work. We were going to deal with the mold removal ourselves and realized it was a bad idea. Your crew really knows what they are doing. Our place is spotless – and they even gave us some good household tips. I have no problem in recommending Matrix.


Robert Lee

Thank you for coming to the rescue. I didn’t quite know how dangerous asbestos could be, but I knew it had to be removed completely and properly. Thanks for the professional touch – I feel much better now that the house is clean and safe. I hope I never have to use this service again.