1-888-885-8683
info@matrixremediation.com
Bay A4, 3911 Brandon St SE
Calgary, AB T2G 4A7
10479 184st NW, Unit 100
Edmonton, AB T5S 0C7

Home

About Us

Services

FAQs

Contact Us

Mold Removal Should Not Become a DIY Project

When a mold infiltration crops up in a residential home, it’s a situation that absolutely needs professional attention. Mold can strike anywhere, new home or old, well maintained or not. It’s simply a matter of the right conditions - and damp environments are the ideal conditions.  Whatever the case, removing a mold infiltration will require a professional, someone who will do it right the first time around. This is not an appropriate time for a DIY solution.

With mold, it’s important to act quickly, and to accurately identify the source and extent of the infiltration. Once the mold has been removed, it’s equally important to remediate all the after-effects. For some homeowners (and some business owners) the idea of do-it-yourself removal might seem reasonable. This could be for budget reasons, or simply a lack of understanding about mold. In short, mold removal should not be looked at as a basic DIY project.

Regardless of what the local home centre has to offer, mold removal can get complicated, and at worst, hazardous. Removing mold and mold spores successfully requires the expertise of a professional who is trained and skilled. And because mold is so unique, removal needs to be complete and comprehensive – any remnant of an infiltration has the potential to linger, grow, and spread. It’s the professionals who have the tools and experience to succeed.

Mold is tricky. It can hide and breed in various environments. However, it does need to “feed” in order to survive, and its ideal environment is one that is damp and moist. In a typical home, this could be anything from drywall, to wood, to carpeting. This is where a professional is very valuable, assessing the actual source of the infiltration and evaluating the full extent. Without this, removal may not be complete, and residual mold may well grow and spread.

When contracting a mold remediation company, it’s important that the technicians be trained and certified in the field. Here, IICRC Certification is the industry standard. Also important is for the cleaning products to be eco-friendly and non-toxic (without biocides). This will ensure that anyone in the home is protected from any ill effects. A reliable mold removal company will undoubtedly guarantee that the job is totally effective, safe, and long lasting.

Whenever there are signs of mold, there’s a likelihood of an infiltration, and a likelihood that things could deteriorate. With professionals on hand, everything from assessment, to testing, to remediation can be handled under the same roof. The assessment identifies the seriousness of the infiltration. Testing can determine if there are any hazards. And removal can take place properly, with the right tools and equipment, and with the required immediacy.

Mold and mold spores can often be hazardous. There is no reason to take risks with removal, and no reason to jeopardize personal health. It’s just not the time for a do-it-yourself project. Professional technicians will do it right the first time, and with results that are assured.

Having a Water or Mold Emergency?Get a Free Quote

What Our Clients Say

JM

Janice Martin

I am going to be the owner of the house we wanted thanks to Matrix. I just wanted to personally thank you so much for putting a rush on the work and making this happen! I was so worried I was going to lose this house so thank you so much for saving it for me! I will recommend your services to anyone I come across that may need them!

CW

Cameron Williamson

Thanks for the professional work. We were going to deal with the mold removal ourselves and realized it was a bad idea. Your crew really knows what they are doing. Our place is spotless – and they even gave us some good household tips. I have no problem in recommending Matrix.

RL

Robert Lee

Thank you for coming to the rescue. I didn’t quite know how dangerous asbestos could be, but I knew it had to be removed completely and properly. Thanks for the professional touch – I feel much better now that the house is clean and safe. I hope I never have to use this service again.

READ MORE REVIEWS