1-888-885-8683
info@matrixremediation.com
Bay A4, 3911 Brandon St SE
Calgary, AB T2G 4A7
10479 184st NW, Unit 100
Edmonton, AB T5S 0C7

Home

About Us

Services

FAQs

Contact Us

Mold in the Bathroom can Quickly Get Out of Control

It’s almost expected to find mold in the bathroom. After all, it’s the perfect environment for mold to grow and to thrive. Bathrooms provide the humidity that mold requires to grow and to spread. It might be around the bathtub itself, it might be creeping up to the ceiling, or it may have already spread quite extensively. In some cases, and depending on the age of the home, is may be hiding.

Mold in the bathroom is one of the most common of household problems. It’s also easy to prevent and usually easy to deal with in the early stages. The problem, of course, is when things get out of control. The fact is, a typical bathroom is ideal for mold growth, mainly because everything stays damp long enough for the mold to start growing. Needless to say, there are some common causes.

  • persistent moisture resulting from poor ventilation
  • slow leaks in a toilet, sink, or regular plumbing pipes
  • overly damp materials like paper products and rugs
  • water-logged wallpaper, drywall, fabric (even grout)

The problem with mold in the bathroom is that it’s not always visible. Mold has a nasty habit of hiding, and in the bathroom there are plenty of areas - under the sink, around exhaust fans, inside bath fixtures, and sometimes under the floor tiles. Poor ventilation is often the reason for growth. And here, a simple retrofit that provides effective mechanical ventilation may be the answer.

Preventing mold in the bathroom

In most cases, the best protection against mold growth is prevention. And in a typical home, it’s possible to do a number of things - like extended ventilation after a shower or bath; keeping the humidity levels in the home under 50%; and using a dehumidifier at times when air moisture is higher than usual. It’s also advisable to use shower curtains made from mildew-resistant fabric.

Even with preventive measures, there are situations when mold in the bathroom can flourish.
And while a smallish infestation can be dealt with quite easily, a mold infestation that has grown out of control really requires professional attention. This is mainly because of the health risk – a professional will handle cleanup and corrective work effectively, but also safely for occupants.

The risks of mold in the bathroom

Most household mold isn’t toxic or hazardous – but there are types that can present health risks, particularly when disturbed. This happens when mold spores are released, and could be inhaled.
The term "black mold" may be frightening to a homeowner, but most molds found in residential homes are not deadly. However, occupants who are allergic or sensitive to mold, may be at risk.

The fact is, “black mold” or not, clean-up and corrective measures are usually beyond the capacity of a typical homeowner – especially when things have gotten out of control. For professional mold management, homeowners can rely on Matrix Remediation for effective clean up, along with guaranteed results. Matrix mold technicians are highly experienced and industry certified.

Having a Water or Mold Emergency?Get a Free Quote

What Our Clients Say

JM

Janice Martin

I am going to be the owner of the house we wanted thanks to Matrix. I just wanted to personally thank you so much for putting a rush on the work and making this happen! I was so worried I was going to lose this house so thank you so much for saving it for me! I will recommend your services to anyone I come across that may need them!

CW

Cameron Williamson

Thanks for the professional work. We were going to deal with the mold removal ourselves and realized it was a bad idea. Your crew really knows what they are doing. Our place is spotless – and they even gave us some good household tips. I have no problem in recommending Matrix.

RL

Robert Lee

Thank you for coming to the rescue. I didn’t quite know how dangerous asbestos could be, but I knew it had to be removed completely and properly. Thanks for the professional touch – I feel much better now that the house is clean and safe. I hope I never have to use this service again.

READ MORE REVIEWS