1019 7th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1A8
10479 184st NW, Unit 100
Edmonton, AB T5S 0C7


About Us



Contact Us

The Dangers of Mold in the Laundry Room

If there is mold in the laundry room, then it means that the conditions for mold growth are present - and it means that corrective action is required. Homeowners often find mold in the laundry room because there are higher levels of humidity present. In fact, the combination of warmish air and a high level of air moisture make for an ideal environment for mold to thrive.
More than that, if the laundry room is poorly ventilated, the air moisture quickly accumulates with nowhere to go. With such conditions, the result is mold in the laundry room. The health risks are generally low with the average mold outbreak, but risks are heightened if the mold has spread dramatically, or if mold spores have begun to circulate throughout the environment.

Yes - mold can be dangerous in the laundry room

Overall, there is no cause for concern when a mold outbreak is discovered. Unless the situation is already out of control, a typical mold breakout can be addressed effectively with professional attention. Left unattended, however, continuous exposure to mold (and spores) can cause a variety of health issues – like sinus congestion; coughing or wheezing; and eye irritation. When there is mold in the laundry room, regardless of the scope, immediate attention is recommended. 

Preventing mold in the laundry room is the best

Preventing mold is the best approach – it will avert clean-up efforts, potential health problems, and remediation costs. It’s mostly a matter of discipline and following a few simple guidelines.
•  do not leave damp laundry lingering about
•  keep the laundry room area dry and clean
•  make sure that laundry machines are dry 
•  use a dehumidifier in the laundry room area
•  keep indoor humidity levels at or under 45%
•  ensure the laundry room is well ventilated
•  water leaks should be repaired immediately
•  “desiccants” can be used to absorb moisture 
•  clean mold deposits as soon as they appears

Mold inspection, testing, and removal if needed

Mold can breed quite quickly and can get out of control just as quickly. With Matrix Remediation, homeowners are assured of professional inspection, testing, and removal. What’s most important with any mold infiltration is a thorough removal – this will prevent recurrence for the long term.
Once discovered, mold should be left to a professional. The so-called DIY approach could pose health risks for someone without expertise. Matrix Remediation provides trained specialists who have experience with inspection, testing, and removal. They do it right the first time around.
With serious mold outbreaks, Matrix offers a remediation process that is both safe and effective. 
Cleaning products are eco-friendly and non-toxic, yet hard-hitting. More importantly, contracting mold professionals will avert the potential for additional damage and possible health risks.

With mold removal, count on Matrix Remediation

Matrix Remediation specializes in all types of mold removal. Certified technicians provide a professional approach to mold removal, with quick turn-around times and competitive pricing. To find out more, call Matrix Remediation at 1-888-885-8683 or visit Matrix’s website at www.matrixremediation.com. With Matrix, customer satisfaction is guaranteed on every job.
Having a Water or Mold Emergency? Get a Free Quote

What Our Clients Say


Janice Martin

I am going to be the owner of the house we wanted thanks to Matrix. I just wanted to personally thank you so much for putting a rush on the work and making this happen! I was so worried I was going to lose this house so thank you so much for saving it for me! I will recommend your services to anyone I come across that may need them!


Cameron Williamson

Thanks for the professional work. We were going to deal with the mold removal ourselves and realized it was a bad idea. Your crew really knows what they are doing. Our place is spotless – and they even gave us some good household tips. I have no problem in recommending Matrix.


Robert Lee

Thank you for coming to the rescue. I didn’t quite know how dangerous asbestos could be, but I knew it had to be removed completely and properly. Thanks for the professional touch – I feel much better now that the house is clean and safe. I hope I never have to use this service again.