The Asbestos Removal Process Is Best Left To The Experts
Asbestos was once a well-used building insulation material, but its discovery as toxic and a health hazard has prompted property owners to hire professionals to perform an asbestos removal process. Because asbestos is so dangerous and can cause severe health problems such as cancer, property owners should only trust professionals with extensive experience in the asbestos removal process. Contractors have the necessary removal and safety equipment to thoroughly eradicate and dispose of the dangerous material.
Asbestos is a banned and dangerous building material
Asbestos has been found to cause severe illnesses in humans such as cancer and has been outright banned by most municipalities in construction. Some older properties may still have asbestos in the walls and removing it is essential in maintaining the health and safety of the property. The dangerous effects of breathing in asbestos dust prompts many owners to turn to a professional who has the right knowledge and equipment to completely and effectively remove all the material from the property.
Where owners of older homes can typically find asbestos
Owners of older homes built during the asbestos era can find the material in many locations throughout the property:
- Pipe and electrical wire insulation
- Fireplace pads
- Acoustic and drop ceiling tiles
- Roof felt and shingles
- Flooring under sheets and flooring adhesive
- Window putty
- Main panel electrical boxes
- Wall and attic insulation
- Insulation for electrical outlets and switches
- Downpipes and gutters made from asbestos cement
- Furnace and hot water tank installations
- Outside deck under sheeting
- Older patching and joint compounds used in repairs
Professionals with experience understand the asbestos removal process
There are detailed steps to ensure the successful completion of any asbestos removal project:
- A hazardous materials survey is completed by a consultant to determine if there is asbestos present. Samples are collected and tested at a lab for asbestos confirmation.
- A report is sent back to the owners which will confirm or deny the presence of asbestos at the property. Upon confirmation, the owner’s next essential step is hiring a professional contractor, such as Matrix Remediation, to carry out the removal.
- The contractor commences removal and disposal of any asbestos at the property. This process may include locating more pockets of the material which will be removed during the project. Professionals like Matrix Remediation will make sure all areas of asbestos are located and removed responsibly.
- A third party consultant will retest the air quality to determine if all the material was removed and the air quality is acceptable.
Asbestos can be a very dangerous material with adverse and severe health effects and should only be removed by experts who understand the safety and equipment needs of this complex job.
Matrix Remediation are experts in the asbestos removal process
Homes and buildings constructed prior to 1990 may still have asbestos material. Matrix Remediation has experience in complete asbestos removal in all types of residential and commercial properties. Owners can rely on Matrix Remediation for the most thorough and efficient asbestos removal projects that will restore the air quality and safety of the property.
Contact Us NOW
Please fill out the form below
for an immediate response
mold removal mold from wood mold testing mold growth asbestos removal asbestos mold growth mold fungus mold fungus smell mold removal asbestos abatement calgary asbestos removal mold toxic effect of mold health reactions to mold mold prevention mold in the bathroom controlling mold mold in basement flooring floorboards eco-friendly mold removal mold remediation calgary